Cloud Engineer – KAGR
The Cloud Engineer will use his/her intricate understanding of systems, users, networks and their interrelationships, serious troubleshooting wizardry and fearless curiosity to improve KAGR’s application reliability and operations, to optimize the monitoring infrastructure and to employ automation to cover the mundane tasks.
Kraft Analytics Group (KAGR) is a technology and services company comprised of a brilliant group of data-centric professionals focused on data management, advanced analytics and strategic consulting who are at the top of their game in the sports and entertainment industry.
The KAGR team offers over 20 years of expertise, and currently powers clients across the major US sports leagues and college athletics. Whether leveraging its proprietary technology platform or partnering with its consulting services team, KAGR helps organizations become data-driven and use analytics to grow the bottom line.
This environment is innovative, technically stimulating, fast-paced and exciting. From the inspirational leadership of CEO Jessica Gelman, to the basketball court conference room, to the office view that overlooks Gillette Stadium, everything about this culture is high-energy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with KAGR teams to improve the reliability and operations of applications
- Monitor systems and applications to proactively identify system disruptions and preempt outages
- Analyze monitoring infrastructure, build out data aggregation and alerting rules
- Triage tickets raised by our support organization and implement fixes
- Partner with delivery teams on change management to more effectively manage our environments
- Leverage automation to improve deployments and updates, speed up problem detection/resolution and ensure safe and quick rollback when problems occur
- Install common applications and server components such as NGINX and PostgreSQL
- Deploy web applications with NGNIX and connect to PostgreSQL
- Create and manage users, groups and permissions in Linux, PostgreSQL and use your understanding of common security models to manage third party permissions
- Use error messages and logs to determine potential issue fixes
- Install third party applications by reviewing vendor documentation, able to interpret and make decisions using an understanding of similar technology
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- 4-6 years systems administration experience (public cloud experience, AWS preferred – that’s the easy part for a stellar sys admin)
- Understanding of network concepts – IP addressing, routing, load balancing, DNS etc.
- Experience using automation (you would rather write up a Bash or Python script than click through a UI. Bonus if tools like Ansible or Puppet have you curious or if you have containerized things)
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Nagios, Datadog, ELK, etc.
- Outstanding organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Understanding of data platforms, data warehouses, and data pipelines/ETL
- Strong affinity and experience in working with CI/CD environments
- Experience with cloud native tools and services
- Experience migrating from Windows to Linux Operating Systems, even better if you have mentored and led a team through the transition
- Prefer 4 years of experience with AWS, Linux, NGINX and Python
- Prefer 2 years of experience with PostgreSQL and a strong understanding of data platforms
- Bonuses include experience with Ainsible and Java
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Fast paced office environment
- Must be able to commute to Foxborough, MA. We are currently supporting fully remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic, but you will need to be able to come into the office daily when conditions improve.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Perks of the Job
Medical, Dental, Vision, Telehealth Services, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Wellness Program, Health Club Reimbursement
Generous 401K with match, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Life Insurance and AD&D
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
Legit basketball hoop AND former Harvard Women’s Basketball Legend in office, ping pong, social events, philanthropic opportunities
Complimentary New England Revolution tickets, Gillette Stadium even ticketing, Patriots ProShop and Patriot Place discounts
Verizon Wireless, Bank of America programs, including home loans, Southern New Hampshire University Tuition, YMCA membership discounts