Dental Hygienist – MCKINNEY DENTISTFull-time Position – McKinney, TX
At McKinney Dentist, we picture a world where compassion and care makes people’s lives better. Our dedicated team of doctors and dental health professionals shares one common mission – to take care of your oral health and give you the smile you can be proud of. With our “Yes!” philosophy at the heart of our practice and our team, we aim to accommodate your every need and goal. We strive to say “Yes!” to any request, to treat you like family and to ensure that every visit to McKinney Dentist feels just like coming home!
We are seeking a skilled and compassionate Dental Hygienist to join our team. As a Dental Hygienist at McKinney Dentist, you’ll be an integral member of the patient care team, providing your patients with the dedicated time and care they need, deserve and desire. With best-in-class support through our robust Hygiene mentor program and unparalleled educational offerings to enhance your clinical skills – you’ll be 100% supported as you provide exceptional lifetime care to your patients!
You will be responsible for providing preventive dental care and promoting good oral health. You will work alongside our Dentist and Dental Assistants to provide excellent patient care. Our goal is to hire professionals who are committed to helping patients feel comfortable in the dental chair, who are comfortable educating patients, and who are confident in treating periodontal disease. The ideal team member will have a positive attitude, exceptional problem-solving skills and a passion to help people.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform dental prophylaxis, scaling, root planing and debridement
- Take and develop dental x-rays
- Apply fluoride and sealants
- Perform oral cancer screenings
- Educate patients on oral hygiene techniques, including proper brushing and flossing
- Provide nutritional counseling for healthy teeth and gums
- Administer local anesthesia as needed
- Manage and maintain patient records
- Sterilize dental equipment and instruments
- Maintain a clean and organized dental operatory
- No immediate direct reports or supervisory responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent working knowledge of dentistry, dental hygiene procedures, dental patient screening and medical history documentation
- Ideal candidates will have 3 years of clinical experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience using Velscope, Diagnodent, digital scanner, digital x-rays
- Hands-on proficiency with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems and Practice Management Software (PMS) products
- Desire to continue learning and grow clinical skills to meet needs of patients and provide preventative care and overall maintenance of patients’ dental health
- Attention to detail and ability to follow protocols
- Knowledge of dental instruments and sterilization techniques
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Clinical needs as required by office
- Ability to perform essential duties as deemed necessary by the Office / Doctor/ McKinney Dental with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Ability to withstand prolonged periods of sitting and standing
- Physical ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 45 pounds
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Hygiene from an accredited program
- Flexibility to attend virtual or in person training sessions periodically throughout the year
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current dental hygienist license in Texas
- Current CPR certification
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Perks of the Job
Health BenefitsComprehensive Group Medical Insurance Coverage, Health Savings Account (HSA)
Financial BenefitsFlexible Spending Account (FSA), Retirement Savings Plans and 401K
Dental BenefitsCompetitive Dental Insurance Offering and Employee Discounts on Dental Services
Paid LeaveCompetitive Paid Time Off (PTO), Six (6) Paid Holidays Annually, Sick Leave
Insurance OfferingsLife Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance
Professional BenefitsContinuing Education, Tuition Reimbursement, On-going Training and Development
Interested? Talk with a Recruiter
Still reading? Why not discuss it with one of our recruiters? You’ll either walk away affirmed that this wasn’t the one that got away, or you will be one step closer to your new career home.