Engineering Operations Manager – KAGR
The Engineering Operations Manager will lead the planning, design, and execution of the engineering operations function of KAGR technology platform. This role will work with the Site Reliability, QA, Analytics, BI and Client teams to achieve success.
Kraft Analytics Group (KAGR) is technology and services company comprised of a brilliant group of data science and data analytics professionals who are at the top of their game in the sports and entertainment industry. This company is all about data-driven decision making that focuses on growing the bottom line. They leverage their proprietary technology platform to power clients across the major U.S. sports leagues, college athletics.
This environment is innovative, technically stimulating, fast-paced and exciting. From the inspirational leadership of CEO Jessica Gelman, the basketball court conference room to the and the office view that overlooks Gillette Stadium, everything about this culture is high-energy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Platform Operations Support
- Design, plan and implement KAGR’s engineering production support and operations system
- Develop and maintain automated error triage pipelines
- Monitor and report relevant KPIs to technical leadership
- Automate ability to identify data issues, and proactively address them
- Monitor pipeline performance and design error handling
- Identify System Improvement opportunities
- Provide feedback to engineering team and help build automation of the parts of the platform to monitor the technology platform
- Track trends of system issues and elevate consistent challenges
- Identify ways to improve existing processes
- Management & Communication
- Define team structure, hire, and manage engineers
- Build out and document department function & processes
- Effectively communicate issue-handling with leadership
- Lead multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Additional projects and assignments as directed
- This position has supervisory responsibilities, 1 FTE
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience working with data using SQL or similar technology
- 4+ years of experience using a data integration platform, such as Snaplogic, SSIS, or Informatica
- Strong understanding of data warehousing principles and methodologies
- Experience writing to and reading from product APIs
- Ability to lead multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to all levels of technical expertise
- Very high attention to detail
- Familiarity with BI Visualization tools
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Fast paced office environment
- Ability to work nights and weekends as business dictates
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Perks of the Job
Medical, Dental, Vision, Telehealth Services, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Wellness Program, Health Club Reimbursement
Generous 401K with match, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Life Insurance and AD&D
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
Legit basketball hoop AND former Harvard Women’s Basketball Legend in office, ping pong, social events, philanthropic opportunities
Complimentary New England Revolution tickets, Gillette Stadium even ticketing, Patriots ProShop and Patriot Place discounts
Verizon Wireless, Bank of America programs, including home loans, Southern New Hampshire University Tuition, YMCA membership discounts