IT Help Desk Analyst –
Full-time Position – Rosemont, IL
With over 75 offices and 3,500 roofing professionals across the country, Tecta America is the leading national commercial roofing company in the United States. At Tecta, we pride ourselves on quality without compromise across all aspects of our service offering – installation, replacement, new construction, repairs, disaster response, portfolio management, and advanced sustainability options. We are #RoofingRedefined.
Tecta America seeks a driven, versatile and tech-savvy Help Desk Analyst with a strong sense of empathy and patience for a less technically-experienced end users. 99.5% of the end users sit outside of the Corporate office in Rosemont, IL, so the right person will need to be highly experienced in providing remote support.
Reporting to the VP of IT Operations, the Help Desk Analyst will troubleshoot, update and resolve issues related to software and hardware in PC / Windows and Android environments. This individual will also assume responsibilty for prioritizing user requests, keeping users apprised of updates and setting realistic expectations around resolution.
We believe that the manner in which you help solve the problem is just as important as the fact that you can.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone, e-mail, and Help Desk ticket system
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required).
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- At times may be asked to perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help desk requests
- Assume ownership of project-related tasks; work to completion with assistance from provided and created resource base
- None required
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of IT experience
- Customer-focused attitude (non-negotiable)
- Experience working in an Active Directory environment
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of computer hardware and laptops
- Troubleshoot computer peripherals, scanners, printers, etc.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office application suite
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve over the phone using various remote support tools
- Local Windows Profile management; the ability to migrate users to new computers
- Core Technical competencies in Windows 7/10, Office 2013/365 and Management of End User Accounts in Active Directory and Exchange (2013/Online)
- Computer imaging and deployment in a distributed environment
- Android tablet management and deployment (Maas360)
- Android/iPhone mobile phone configuration
- Help Desk Ticket Management (Manage Engine Service Desk Plus)
- Dell Desktops and Laptops
- Multi-Function Printers (Xerox, Canon, Toshiba, etc.)
Work Environment & Expectations
- Standard working hours, Monday – Friday (Full-time), not subject to overtime
- Presence is required on-site in Rosemont, IL
- Office/warehouse environment with typical office machines and exposure to noise and temperature
- Extensive sitting, standing, walking
- Repetitive keying, typing
- Occasional lifting not to exceed 50 pounds
- As required, typically around 10% to 20%
- Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety
- Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Perks of the Job
Medical with Prescription Drug Card, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, AD&D, Life, Accident
Competitive Pay, 401K Plan, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Savings Account
Paid Leave & Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Paid Holidays and Sick Leave
Healthy work/life boundaries, Employee Assistance Program, Legal Assistance Program
Committed to, and invested in, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at all organizational levels
This isn’t a job; this is a career development plan. Tecta has BIG plans for your future.