Security Engineer – KAGR
The Security Engineer will learn and apply knowledge of new technologies to craft processes that improve the security and availability of KAGR applications, achieve business impact, and inform KAGR Product Roadmap and Vision.
Kraft Analytics Group (KAGR) is a technology and services company comprised of a brilliant group of data-centric professionals focused on data management, advanced analytics and strategic consulting who are at the top of their game in the sports and entertainment industry.
The KAGR team offers over 20 years of expertise, and currently powers clients across the major US sports leagues and college athletics. Whether leveraging its proprietary technology platform or partnering with its consulting services team, KAGR helps organizations become data-driven and use analytics to grow the bottom line.
This environment is innovative, technically stimulating, fast-paced and exciting. From the inspirational leadership of CEO Jessica Gelman, to the basketball court conference room, to the office view that overlooks Gillette Stadium, everything about this culture is high-energy.
- Identify gaps in monitoring and alerting tools for KAGR applications and create and review alerts from various monitoring tools
- Write scripts and/or regex to identify known issues from application and security logs to generate alerts
- Review vendor release notes, then validate and make updates/changes in how changes in features/functionality might impact security and/or monitoring
- Install, patch, and operate Windows and/or Linux based operating systems
- Create and manage users, groups, and permissions for Windows and/or Linux, as well as various applications
- Use error messages and logs and suggest fixes for the errors
- Create, manage, monitor, and restore system and application backups
- Able to clearly document how to perform new tasks
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPAA
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 4-6 years systems administration or security engineer experience (public cloud experience, AWS preferred)
- Experience identifying, implementing, and managing backup, security, monitoring, and logging tools such as Nagios, Datadog, and ELK.
- Experience supporting organizations required to adhere to one or more regulated security and compliance frameworks such as ISO, HIPAA, Sarbanes Oxley, and able to identify gaps in existing policies and procedures in support of such frameworks
- Previously triaged tickets raised by support teams and implemented fixes
- Understanding of network concepts such as IP addressing, routing, load balancing, and DNS.
- Outstanding organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Experience using automation a plus! Example: would rather write up a PowerShell, Bash, or Python script than click through a UI or use tools like Ansible or Puppet or experience containerizing things
- Basic understanding of data platforms, data warehouses, and data pipelines/ETL
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Fast paced office environment
- Ability to work nights and weekends as business dictates
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Perks of the Job
Medical, Dental, Vision, Telehealth Services, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Wellness Program, Health Club Reimbursement
Generous 401K with match, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Life Insurance and AD&D
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
Legit basketball hoop AND former Harvard Women’s Basketball Legend in office, ping pong, social events, philanthropic opportunities
Complimentary New England Revolution tickets, Gillette Stadium even ticketing, Patriots ProShop and Patriot Place discounts
Verizon Wireless, Bank of America programs, including home loans, Southern New Hampshire University Tuition, YMCA membership discounts