Senior Cloud Engineer – KAGR
Full-time Position – Foxborough, MA
Whether leveraging our proprietary technology platform or partnering with our consulting services team, KAGR helps our clients to become data-driven and to use analytics to optimize the fan experience. The Senior Cloud Engineer will be responsible for the overall management and support of the organization’s cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, curious, with a strong attention to detail and a passion for cloud technology, and a desire to lead development of net new solutions. Join our team and #bringthenoise!
KAGR (Kraft Analytics Group) is a team of the brightest minds in sports focused on finding insights for clients in the sports and entertainment industry through data management, advanced analytics and strategic consulting. At KAGR, you are at the cutting edge of how technology and data is used to help organizations become data-driven to grow the bottom line. As a member of the KAGR team, you play an important role for a diverse portfolio of clients in major U.S. sports leagues, college athletics and other industry leaders who rely upon KAGR’s proprietary technology platform or dynamic consulting services team. If you are passionate about data, sports, analytics, customer engagement and technology, and you are a creative, result-oriented critical thinker, then we would like to hear more about you.
This environment is innovative, technically advanced, fast-paced and constantly evolving. Everything about our culture is high-energy, so, naturally, our team needs to be, too.
The Senior Cloud Engineer role will be focused on ensuring the stability, availability and performance of the current state infrastructure. He / she / they will be actively seeking out and implementing capabilities to evolve KAGR’s proprietary Data Platform. Our Cloud leader will be a skilled engineer with extensive experience managing resources in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement cloud solutions that serve as the foundation for the KAGR Data Platform adhering to architectural best practices
- Monitor and manage the day-to-day usage of the solutions developed by the team
- Collaborate with internal teams to troubleshoot and successfully resolve Platform issues
- Design and implement event driven automation scripts to support scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities
- Develop and maintain the KAGR Cloud Platform using infrastructure as code (Terraform preferred) and DevOps processes for automated deployment
- Partner with delivery teams on change management to effectively manage change to environments, especially Production
- Partner with delivery teams to improve reliability and operational efficiency throughout the SDLC
- Improve monitoring infrastructure and build out data aggregation and alerting rules
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPAA
- No immediate direct reports
Skills & Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of common Internet Protocols and cloud networking principals
- Excellent scripting skills for debug and automation (Python knowledge is a plus)
- Strong affinity and experience in working with continuous integration and continuous deployment environments
- Outstanding organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of identity management tools, SAML, SCIM, etc. a plus
- Knowledge of data platforms, data warehouses, and data pipelines/ETL
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Fast paced office environment
- Hybrid role, partial remote-friendly
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 4-8 years of relevant overall experience
- Must have at least 2 years of experience implementing cloud solutions in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with Docker and containerized solutions
- Experience using infrastructure as code to manage cloud infrastructure
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Perks of the Job
Medical, Dental & Vision, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Telehealth Services
Generous 401K with match, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Life Insurance and AD&D
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, Bereavement
Free New England Revolution tickets, Patriots ProShop and Patriot Place discounts
Discounted services from Verizon Wireless, Bank of America, YMCA and more
Harvard Women’s Basketball Legend in office, ping pong, philanthropic and social events
Interested? Talk with a Recruiter
Still reading? Why not discuss it with one of our recruiters? You’ll either walk away affirmed that this wasn’t the one that got away, or you will be one step closer to your new career home.