Senior Infrastructure Engineer –
Full-time Position – Rosemont, IL
With over 75 offices and 3,500 roofing professionals across the country, Tecta America is the leading national commercial roofing company in the United States. At Tecta, we pride ourselves on quality without compromise across all aspects of our service offering – installation, replacement, new construction, repairs, disaster response, portfolio management, and advanced sustainability options. We are #RoofingRedefined.
Tecta America seeks a senior-level individual to join their IT Infrastructure Team. The ideal candidate will have a diverse datacenter-centric skillset with true hands-on knowledge of server, storage, networking, and firewalls.
In this role, you’ll provide expert-level support of Windows Server OS, VMWare, AD, and Windows Server Enterprise Applications such as Exchange and SQL. Strong firewall (especially Fortinet) and IP routing experience is essential. Desired skillsets are On-Prem Exchange to O365 migrations, and tenant-to-tenant O365 migrations.
Day-to-day functions will include supporting and maintaining all technology in the data center – so, someone with full experience from the firewall, through the network, through the hypervisor, and down to the individual VM would be a perfect fit.
Tecta America is in “heavy acquisition mode”, so this candidate will need to be able to travel to newly acquired businesses and convert their infrastructure to Tecta’s standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support all technologies in Tecta’s data center including switching, firewalls, virtualized servers, storage networks, and Hypervisors
- Perform typical data center maintenance, including but not limited to: Nightly system backups, hardware /software / firmware upgrades, “break-fix” support of all hardware and / or software
- Seeks out opportunities for continuous systems improvement
- Provide third level-type support to Tecta’s helpdesk as-needed
- Prioritize problems. Escalate problems (when required)
- At times may be asked to perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help desk requests
- Assume ownership of project-related tasks; work to completion with assistance from provided and created resource base
- With this level of responsibility comes the understanding that being reachable 7 x 24 for emergencies is part of the job
- Performs other duties as required
- None required
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of IT experience
- Strong customer-focused background and attitude
- Experience working in a multi-site Azure/Active Directory environment
- Expert-level knowledge of Windows server operating systems
- Expert-level knowledge of VMWare
- Strong working knowledge of firewalls and firewall connectivity (SSL-VPN, IP-SEC)
- Knowledge of server hardware, especially Dell Enterprise
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN) including fiber channel
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve over the phone using various remote support tools
- Enterprise-level exposure to GPO
- Fortinet Firewalls & Software (FortiManager, FortiAuthenticator, etc.)
- Brocade Fiber Channel
- Dell/EMC Unity XT Storage Systems
- Dell and Cisco Enterprise Switching
- Cisco Meraki Wireless
- Tenant-to-Tenant O365 Migrations
- RingCentral Admin
- Standard working hours, Monday – Friday (Full-time), not subject to overtime
- Presence is required on-site in Rosemont, IL
- Office/warehouse environment with typical office machines and exposure to noise and temperature
- Extensive sitting, standing, walking
- Repetitive keying, typing
- Occasional lifting not to exceed 50 pounds
- Travel (North America only) is required, typically around 20%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Perks of the Job
Medical with Prescription Drug Card, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, AD&D, Life, Accident
Competitive Pay, 401K Plan, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Savings Account
Paid Leave & Holidays
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Paid Holidays and Sick Leave
Healthy work/life boundaries, Employee Assistance Program, Legal Assistance Program
Committed to, and invested in, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at all organizational levels
This isn’t a job; this is a career development plan. Tecta has BIG plans for your future.