Senior Site Reliability Engineer- KAGR
The Security Engineer will learn and apply knowledge of new technologies to craft processes that improve the security and availability of KAGR applications, achieve business impact, and inform KAGR Product Roadmap and Vision.
Kraft Analytics Group (KAGR) is a technology and services company comprised of a brilliant group of data-centric professionals focused on data management, advanced analytics and strategic consulting who are at the top of their game in the sports and entertainment industry.
The KAGR team offers over 20 years of expertise, and currently powers clients across the major US sports leagues and college athletics. Whether leveraging its proprietary technology platform or partnering with its consulting services team, KAGR helps organizations become data-driven and use analytics to grow the bottom line.
This environment is innovative, technically stimulating, fast-paced and exciting. From the inspirational leadership of CEO Jessica Gelman, to the basketball court conference room, to the office view that overlooks Gillette Stadium, everything about this culture is high-energy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with delivery teams to improve reliability and operational efficiency throughout the entire SDLC
- Monitor various applications to proactively identify system disruptions and preempt enterprise outages
- Monitor applications and ensure that required Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met
- Notify internal and external departments of performance issues and trends
- Support maintenance and monthly outages
- Review and update tickets with most current status information
- Incorporate monitoring of any new applications or systems
- Review and suggest monitoring tools as needed
- Monitor and support the Testing, Education, and Production environments
- Develop after action reports and provide inputs to post-mortems pertaining to the following as needed. Performance issues
- Scheduled server maintenance
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and follow up both internal and external
- Provide updated reports
- Perform full system analysis on software performance in addition to capacity planning, and demand forecasting.
- Triage tickets raised by our support organization and implement fixes
- Improve monitoring infrastructure, build out data aggregation and alerting rules
- Work closely with engineering to build scalable solutions
- Partner with delivery teams on change management to more effectively manage change to environments, especially Production.
- Leverage automation to enable progressive rollouts, speed up problem detection as well as automate safe and quick rollback when problems occur.
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPPA.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of relevant overall experience.
- BS in Computer Science or comparable field of study
- A background with distributed systems, databases and performance analysis.
- Very strong SQL Skills
- Excellent scripting skills for debug and automation (Python knowledge is a plus).
- Server hardware troubleshooting is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of common Internet Protocols
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies
- Experience with writing code around infrastructure automation
- Understanding of how to architect and implement highly available, scalable, and secure network in multiple cloud environments
- Strong affinity and experience in working with continuous deployment and continuous integration environments
- Full stack troubleshooting and instrumentation experience
- Understanding of AWS or other cloud platform and Atlassian toolsuite
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Fast paced office environment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Perks of the Job
Medical, Dental, Vision, Telehealth Services, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Wellness Program, Health Club Reimbursement
Generous 401K with match, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Life Insurance and AD&D
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave
Legit basketball hoop AND former Harvard Women’s Basketball Legend in office, ping pong, social events, philanthropic opportunities
Complimentary New England Revolution tickets, Gillette Stadium even ticketing, Patriots ProShop and Patriot Place discounts
Verizon Wireless, Bank of America programs, including home loans, Southern New Hampshire University Tuition, YMCA membership discounts