Subject Matter Expert – Small Group Practices – CARESTACK
Full-time Position – Remote
CareStack, an all-in-one, cloud-based Dental Practice Management Software (PMS) solution for multi-site group practices, DSOs, solo practices and startups, is adding a Subject Matter Expert to our team of Dental community outreach specialists. The CareStack Subject Matter Team needs an extensive experienced Subject Matter Expert, who is a seasoned operator from the industry to participate in the processes of discovery, prioritization, feedback and communication by leveraging their personal and professional qualities. Come join the fast-growing CareStack team where #westartwithcare.
The CompanyCareStack was founded in 2015 by Dr. Mark Huzyak and Abhi Krishna. Mark had been practicing dentistry for nearly three decades and none of the Dental Practice Management Software solutions that existed in the market could truly keep up with the needs of his growing group practice. So, Mark reached out to a group of software experts, led by Abhi Krishna, to create a state-of-the-art, cloud-based all-in-one technology platform that would fundamentally transform the way dentists work and manage their practices. Today, CareStack serves as the Dental PMS for more than 2000 providers, they employ over 500 talented professionals across the globe and they continue to lead the pack when it comes to cloud-based Dental Tech innovation. With customer-centricity permeating all aspects of their business, CareStack is committed to continual improvement of their product, with new releases every two weeks and with over half of the new features and enhancements being born of existing customers’ requests.
- The SME should work on a daily basis with the support team to review the tickets that have come in on the previous working day
- The SME would be the first gate of review for the prioritization around what goes into an upcoming release. They should direct first with their individual opinion, and then follow it up during further rounds of prioritization during weekly calls with representatives from Support, Sales, Acct Management teams
- The SME would assist the PM team to own and update the product backlog
- The SME will have to work with the end customers / users from the small group segment, where there is need for specific feedback from them for the larger PM team. They should facilitate these meetings and direct it using their business expertise and/or professional contacts
- These meetings should focus on the business problem first, followed by documentation of the problem statement. This should be followed up with the creation of a document that outlines the ideal process flow where needed, and then a detailed prototype
- The prototype should act as the driver for the next round of feedback, where the SME should drive feedback collection with:
i. a series of meetings with our most engaged customers
ii. multiple feedback collection posts through our facebook group, and the proposed feedback collection platform
iii. embedded feedback popups within the application, powered by Whatfix
- Create and maintain intellectual capital, materials and presentations for acquisition development
- The feedback process will have to go through multiple iterations where needed
- The SME would have to sign off on the final experience / workflow for the feature
- The SME would work with the PM team for planning the releases and what goes into them. Once development is complete, they will – as a part of the Product Steering Group – sign-off what can and cannot be accepted for the release
- The accepted features will have to go through a release communication cadence. There would be multiple teams working on this cadence, and the SME would be instrumental in providing the knowledge to best present this communication to the small group segment
- The SME would also be responsible for signing off the communication artifacts like release docs, whatfix pop ups etc. associated with the release
- The SME would be responsible for internal and external meetings post the release, to collect feedback on usage, experience and impact of the feature from the small group customer segment
- The SME will also be responsible for contributing to release and feature related conversations in social channels, helping out the users from the small group practices.
Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in multiple roles in the dental industry
- A minimum of 5 years participating in and/or leading an operations team at a small group practice
- Having handled the front office at a location, and / or led a team to coordinate the activities across locations for front office operations including scheduling, patient onboarding, eligibility management etc.
- Having handled chairside operations and/or led a team to coordinate the activities across locations for chairside activities including patient experience in-office, tx planning and presentation, patient checkout and payment collection
- Having handled back-office operations and/or led a team to coordinate the activities across locations for activities including claims and A/R management, payment posting, statements processing and patient collections follow-up
- Having direct / indirect participation in new patient acquisition strategies, patient relationship management through campaign creations and follow-up
- A strong understanding of the evolving needs of a growing group practice in today’s world including practice financing, operational reporting and revenue cycle management
- Should be vocal in discussions, self-driven and result-oriented, with a high sense of ownership
- Have strong personal opinions on best practices based on his/her experience, while being open-minded about the needs of other different operating models
- We are a remote-friendly work environment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Perks of the Job
Multiple Healthcare plans available, Vision, Dental AD&D and Life Insurance
Tax-free, employee-funded designed to supplement anticipated medical costs
Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) plan, Paid Holidays and Sick Leave
Section 125 Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account DCA, Health FSA
Cost-Free Benefits program providing employees access to thousands of discounts
Employee Assistance Program to enhance wellbeing and assist with work-life balance
Interested? Talk with a Recruiter
Still reading? Why not discuss it with one of our recruiters? You’ll either walk away affirmed that this wasn’t the one that got away, or you will be one step closer to your new career home.